Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sunshine

No, it's not outside unfortunately, it's on my sewing table.

This fabric is from Moda and is called Sunshine. I loved it when I bought it over a year ago, and I love it still. There is just something about blue and yellow that speaks to me (usually what it says is 'buy me, buy me').

I bought this pattern on Saturday at my retail therapy session - Charmed and Dangerous by Anka's Treasures. It uses charm squares and I just happened to have some of those in Sunshine too, so this is what I'm planning on making.


It's another simple pattern, but I seem to be into simple these days.

There is something bothering me. Last year we paid a fleeting visit to Shipshewana and I bought (among other things) a pattern, a jelly roll and co-ordinating fabric to make the pattern. It is still sitting in the bag I bought it in, but the jelly roll is missing. I've looked through all my shelves, drawers and piles (there are more piles than I'd care to admit), but I can't find that jelly roll anywhere. The co-ordinating fabric isn't any use without the jelly roll. I am becoming convinced that it wasn't put in the bag, but since this was last July I don't think I have any recourse.

I've been saying this for quite some time now, but I really MUST get some project pouches of some kind and when I buy fabric for a specific pattern, put everything together in the same place. This wouldn't have helped with this problem, but at least I would have found out sooner if I'd done it as soon as I got home as I would have realized right away the jelly roll was missing. Now I'll have to go on a search for the fabric - it was Moda's Roman Holiday so if you know anyone with a jelly roll for sale, please let me know.

4 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Oh noooooooooooooooo

Dorothy said...

http://www.mybluebamboo.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=1895_jellyroll&productid=jelly_romanholiday

That it? You know if it was me, I'd call the shop, explain the situation and see what happens. They may laugh and go "Oh, it was YOU!" and drop it in the mail. Can't hurt, and all it will cost you is a phone call.

Dorothy said...

let me try that link again. Blue bamboo

Anonymous said...

Try www.cottage-quilts.com. They are my LQS and I'm on the website and it shows she has some FQ's from that line...