Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun Friday

I spent a fun day with Sandra - she always makes me laugh and today was no exception. I picked her up from the train and we went to try on her wedding dress. It's reassuring to know that it's here, it's the right dress and it fits with only some minor alterations required. She told me that a local wedding dress store had recently gone bankrupt and those poor girls who ordered dresses and placed deposits were out of luck. Thank heavens she didn't buy her dress there!

She also brought me a gift:



How cute is that! She bought me a Pandora charm bracelet last year for my birthday and this is to add to my charm collection. I just love it!

We had a nice lunch then spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. She came home with me to visit her Dad and she's on her way back to Toronto now.

She told me something else today that I didn't know and frankly, I couldn't believe it. Apparently you have to have a permit to take pictures in certain locations - Union Station being one of them. I swear if there is a way to make money, our government will find out how to do it.

The matching backing I ordered from Ebay for my sunshine quilt arrived today so I hope to get it quilted this weekend. Speaking of quilting, we also stopped at my APQS dealer today as she had ordered some batting for me that I needed to pick up. I saw the 'new' Millennium which I am supposed to get at no charge as soon as they are CSA approved. To be honest, I didn't like it as much as the one I have and my dealer feels the same way.

The changes include a built in laser, LED lighting, a black light and the on/off switch has been moved so it is more easily accessible from either side of the machine. They also changed the look of the controls. I'm now having serious doubts about whether or not I'll send Tillie back when the Canadian approval comes through. As I'm fond of saying - if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

No comments: