Saturday, May 17, 2008

Let The Sunshine In

The Sunshine top is finished but I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Somehow, from a distance, it has a 30s look to it, and I'm not a big fan of 30s fabric. You have no idea how long it took me to get this picture as my design wall wasn't quite big enough so I had to put it on the floor. As all of you with pets know, anything placed on the floor is an immediate invitation to be sat on and inspected.

When I was cleaning out some of my old images today, I came across this one that Joan posted on the Canadian Quilters Forum. This is a CAKE - isn't it adorable!






Then I came across this one and I can't remember where I lifted this from but it's cupcakes with the quilting design on the tops:


I could sit here for a hundred years and never come up with anything nearly that creative!

2 comments:

Rian said...

When you get the top quilted you will love it, I'm sure.

SandyQuilts said...

I agree with Rian ... the quilt will be so different after you quilt it. I love the blue/yellow although as you know I'm not a fan of white in quilts .... silly I know.

Aren't those cake something else ... I wish my brain was creative.