Friday, May 16, 2008

Can't Beat The Real Thing

Since Onalee received her tablerunner yesterday, I can now post a picture. I mailed this at least three weeks ago, by air, but U.S. Customs felt the need to open it and make sure I wasn't sending contraband - sometimes I think they are just nosy and have nothing better to do!


I know she likes scrappy and I also know she loves having a big kitchen table that she can put tablerunners on, so I hope she enjoys using this.

Since nothing much is happening around here, I thought I'd get on my soapbox and rant about Diet Coke/Pepsi. Diet Pepsi seems to be cornering the market around here. All the restaurants and even Tim Horton's now only carry Pepsi products. I don't like Diet Pepsi - I like Diet Coke. It infuriates me (doesn't take much, I know) when I order a Diet Coke and the waitress asks if a Diet Pepsi is O.K. - No it isn't - if I'd wanted a Diet Pepsi I would have ordered one - I want a Diet Coke!Sandra & Darren took me out for lunch last weekend for Mother's Day and both Sandra & I ordered a Diet Coke in a restaurant we know only carries Diet Pepsi. Darren asked why we both still order it when we know they don't have it. I hadn't really thought about it before, but maybe if enough people ask for what they want, they might carry Diet Coke.

Why do they only carry one or the other? Why can't Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi live in harmony in the same restaurant? I'm sure someone, somewhere is making big bucks from the exclusivity, but it doesn't make sense to me. I don't drink tea or coffee and restaurants wouldn't think of asking people to drink tea if they ordered coffee so why can't I have a choice?

Besides, Pepsi don't have cute little polar bears in their commercials.


No comments: