Thursday, July 3, 2008

I've Found The Answer!

Want a great stashbusting tip? Check this out! Maybe it's just me, but that room looks like something out of the 60s - it would give the poor baby nightmares.

What took me to that site in the first place is I was looking for this:



It's by Michael Miller and I can't decide if I like it or hate it. The inner panel is called Winter Chateau and I know I like that but I'm not sure if the fractured borders add or detract from it. It's certainly different and I'd like to see it in person.

I spent my lunch hour today calling our local quilt stores looking for Thangles. Not one of them had any. Why does that not surprise me. Speaking of Thangles, I love this quilt made with them:



They sell the kit made from hand dyes but at over $200 plus shipping, I'm just going to admire it from afar.....for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not keen on that Michael Miller panel. Too fractured, perhaps. Interestingly, it has a lot of the same colors/value that the McKenna Ryan piece does. You must be missing winter....

SandyQuilts said...

As you know I have a fabric wall done with starch in my sewing room ... it's actually the garage door. Did it as an American flag.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1085748760040927248HCAGAw
Did it 6yrs ago. This is an old technique done on HGTV gosh 15yrs ago or so by Carol Duvall and Sherry on Room by Room.

The panel is ok.

Thangles ... I HATE them. JMO

I also hate this laptop or else my fingers are too big.