Monday, July 28, 2008

A Special Treat

I've told you about the beautiful needle felted bears that my friend Onalee makes. She has given me her permission to show you some of her amazing work that she's given me over the years. This little guy with his precious little passenger arrived last week for my birthday. He reminds me of the Coca Cola bears I love so much and as Onalee warned me, I'll need to keep this one away from Sandra or it might disappear - she's crazy about penguins!


This is another of my favourites - heck, they are all my favourites - who am I kidding!


Don't you just love the expression on his little face!


She crocheted this little dress - and knitted the scarf on the polar bear above. I don't know how she does it - she must knit on sewing pins as it is so tiny and delicate.


This little bunny (complete with glasses) is surrounded by buttons and thread.



Just to give you an idea of scale, here they are beside a can of Diet Coke (NOT Diet Pepsi). I am in awe of her imagination, her creativity and her talent.

3 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

I came to post and tell you I fell in love with the shoes after reading your blog and went and ordered them! But then I saw your bears.Wow. Beautiful.She is a very talented lady.

Anonymous said...

Those are cute as can be but that quilt is out of this world!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

I bought the plaid ones.I cant wait until they get here!