Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just What I Needed

On Thursday night I had dinner with some old friends. We get together every couple of months or so, but this was a very special get together. Through my highschool reunion website, my bridesmaid reconnected with me. She had moved away 33 years ago and as these things so easily happen, we lost touch. Well, she came back to have dinner with us on Thursday night and it was wonderful to see her again.


Pictured from left to right - Marg, me, Shirley (my bridesmaid), Trudy (my maid of honour) and Susan. The years just slipped away as we reminisced and caught up on 33 years - yikes!

Then yesterday I spent the day with my 'new' best friend, doing a mini shop hop. We had such a good time and I enjoy her company so much. We did manage to buy a yard or two (or twenty) of fabric but the shared company was the highlight of my day. She's probably at home right now working on her appliqued nutcrackers :-)

I'm glad that black cloud has disappeared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having fun--good for you. You look great, Irene. If I lived closer I would take you to lunch and we'd have a blast.

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,
Oh, how I wish we could have lunch together...Why do you live so far away :o)
Remember that day in Galveston eating lunch overlooking the ocean??? One of the best days of my life. Isn't that the same day we discovered Quilts by the Bay and ended up on the floor sorting through their end cuts, soon a couple of other women and one lone husband joined the frenzy sorting through the baskets... :o)
Hugs to you my bestest friend,
Onalee