Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

I'm feeling much better today and got up fully intending to spend the day quilting. However, the best laid plans and all that...

I volunteered to distribute our quilt guild's newsletter - must have been one of those - what on earth was I thinking moments. Actually, it isn't a bad job. Half the guild receive it by e-mail which, once I got the e-mail addresses into my address book, was a very simple procedure. The other half (about 90) like to get a copy by snail mail.

I received the newsletter from the person who composes it this morning, so off to Staples I went to run them all off. Everything was fine until I noticed that the Block of the Month diagram didn't show the shading of right and wrong side of fabric that was in the original. The girl at Staples said it must have been done with a highlighter and that's why it didn't show up. Of course, I didn't realize this until all 90 copies had printed.

So, I spent the rest of the afternoon with a pencil colouring in the proper shading. I got that done, then stapled, folded and stuffed them and they are ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I have big plans. I'm picking up Lee and we're going to visit the Circle Lord. I received a very nice e-mail from Michael after my last post about the Circle Lord and he suggested I visit their studio for a one on one demo. I'm really looking forward to it and I've promised Mary I'd check out the new template called 7 Treasures of Budda which looks like an orange peel pattern.

This is better than Christmas!

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

ooooh fun with Michael and Kay...you lucky girl you! My 7 treasures of buddah is en route...due to arrive wednesday...though that may not happen if UPS doesn't get thru this damned hurricane! And I've got a quilt waiting for that template....

Mary Johnson said...

I can't wait to hear your *report*. My day went about as well as yours did with thread problems all afternoon.