Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summers End With My Girls

After a grueling week at work (seriously), I needed a fix with my girls, so we headed out today to a local bird sanctuary and petting zoo. They are growing up so fast - Britney is headed for Grade 3 next week and Madison will be in Senior Kindergarten. She just lost her first tooth and was so excited to point it out to me.


This was a lovely little spot with beautiful weeping willows shading the area and lots of benches along the trail to sit on and watch the ducks, geese and swans.

As you can see from this picture, I think there has been some hanky panky going on as some of these guys are definitely of mixed heritage.




We had lunch at a roadside stand and the girls wanted their picture taken with "Old Rusty" - I can't imagine where it got a name like that. Madison pointed out that nobody would want to sit in it as it didn't have a seat - now I wouldn't even have noticed that if she hadn't pointed it out.


We stopped at a local farm market on the way home and picked up some fresh corn, peaches straight from the trees and some early apples. A perfect day!

No comments: