Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Whole Lot of Nothing Going On

My little girls were supposed to come for a swim today, but I woke up with a bad migraine so I had to call them and cancel. It was too bad as we didn't get any rain today - at least none that I heard from my prone position on the bed.

This summer with all the sudden storms has been a bad one for migraine sufferers - especially if changes in barometric pressure is one of your triggers. I'm feeling better now, but have what I call a migraine hangover - those who suffer migraines will know what I'm talking about.

I did summon up the energy tonight to take a picture of the scrap quilt I finished.


I have to stop piecing for a while and start quilting. I think it was Judy that commented recently that she seems to crave piecing, then craves quilting. I feel the same way.

With all the rain we've been having lately, I think I need to get a pair of these - too bad they don't have any in pink!

4 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Sorry you're under the weather Irenn...hope you perk up soon. The quilt is great....and the flipper/shoes...wow very cool... hot pink is cool, but lime green...the tops...LOL

Deborah Levy said...

oops...I can't spell tonight IRENE...LOL

Mary Johnson said...

Hope you're feeling some better by now.

I could never quilt for a living because I like to have equal time for my piecing. I told myself if I got my 10 tops done I'd *allow* myself to do some piecing but now I don't think I'm going to finish too much ahead of my deadline.

Bunny said...

Hope you are better and yes this rain has been terrible this summer.
I do love your scrappy quilt. I love scrap quilts, every time I see them ,but I never feel like taking the time to actually go through my scraps and press them and use them LOL. If I make a scrap quilt I use my stash anyone else do that?